How Do I Find My Ring Size?
Whether you are trying to surprise someone with a ring, or order one for yourself, it’s good to know the correct size. Many rings cannot be sized after they are made, for one reason or another so it’s important to get the size right the first time.
Here are a few tips to help you…
Know Your Ring Size in Five Easy Steps
1. Remember to measure when your hands are warm not cold.
2. Cut a thin strip of paper or string about ½ inch x 5 inches long.
3. Wrap it around your ringer.It should slip over your knuckle easily.
4. Mark the spot where the paper meets and measure with a ruler using the millimeter side.
5. Now compare the length of the paper to the chart below to determine your ring size.
Ring Size Chart
Ring Size (USA): ring size top row/ millimeter measure below
4 4.5 5 5.5 6 6.5 7 7.5 8 8.5 9 9.5 10
46.5 47.8 49 50.3 51.5 52.8 54 55.3 56.6 57.6 59.9 60.3 61.6
10.5 11 11.5 12 12.5 13mm
62.8 64.1 65.3 66.6 67.9 69.1
The fingers on your dominate hand will usually be about one half size larger than the other hand. If the knuckle is larger than the base of the finger you must size the knuckle, (the ring has to go over it!)
If the ring is a surprise, click here to our blog for a secret to getting the size without them knowing!